PROVISIONS GOVERNING ACCOMMODATION AGREEMENTS
Article 1 - Application of Provisions
1. Accommodation contracts and related contracts entered into by this shall be in accordance with these provisions. Particulars not provided for in these provisions shall be made in accordance with the laws and customary practices.
2. Notwithstanding the foregoing provisions, the hotel may enter into special agreements to the extent that they do not run counter to the spirit of these provisions, laws and customary practices.
Article 2 - Rejection of Accommodation Requests
The hotel may refuse to provide accommodation in the following circumstances:
1) When the accommodation requested does not come under these provisions.
2) When the hotel is fully booked and no room is available.
3) When it is feared that the person desiring the accommodation may use the accommodation in a manner contrary to that provided for in the laws or the maintenance of public peace and good morals.
4) When the person desiring the accommodation can be clearly detected as being afflicted with an infectious disease.
5) When requested to bear a special burden, in regards to the accommodation.
6) When the person seeking accommodation is known to be in possession of illicit drugs or animals of any type.
7) When the hotel is incapable of providing the accommodation due to natural calamities, damage to its facilities and other unavoidable causes.
8) When the accommodation request runs counter to the regulations stipulated in the laws of the Republic of Korea.
Article 3 - Identification of Name, etc.
When the hotel has accepted a request for accommodation in advance of the day of occupancy, it may that the person making the reservation clarify the following particulars, within a designated period:
1) Name, sex, nationality and occupation of the person seeking the accommodation.
2) Other particulars deemed necessary by the hotel.
Article 4 - Reservation Deposit
1. If the Hotel receives the reservation for accommodation, the reservation will be guaranteed only upon the receipt of reservation fee. However, in case of using a credit card, the reservation will be guaranteed regardless of payment of the reservation fee.
2. The reservation fee prescribed in the preceding paragraph will be appropriated for the penalty if applied to each case of Article 5, and the balance will be refunded if any.
However, in case of using the credit card without paying the reservation fee, the penalty if applied to any of Article 5 will be charged by the credit company.
Article 5 - Cancellation of Reservation by Guest
1. When the person making the reservation cancels all or part of the reservation made, the hotel shall receive payment for the cancellation hereunder.
1) FIT Guests
(1) In case of cancellation 2 days prior to check in: No penalty
(2) In case of cancellation one day prior to check in: Penalty of 20% of the room rate for the first staying day.
(3) In case of cancellation before 18:00 on the day of check in: Penalty of 50% of the room rate for the first staying day.
(4) In case of cancellation after 18:00 on the day of check in or no check in without notice; Penalty of 80% of the room rate for the first staying day. Thereafter, the reservation will be automatically canceled.
2) Group Guests (15 persons or more)
(1) In case of cancellation 7 days prior to check in: No penalty
(2) In case of cancellation between 6 and 2 days prior to check in: Penalty of 10% of the room rate for the first staying day per person. However, no penalty for cancellation of below 10% of booked persons.
(3) In case of cancellation one day prior to check in: Penalty of 20% of the room rate for the first staying day.
(4) In case of cancellation by 18:00 on the day of check in: Penalty of 30% of the room rate for the first staying day, per person.
(5) In case of cancellation after 18:00 on the day of check in or no check in without notice; Penalty of 30% the room rate for the first staying day, and 10% for second staying date. Thereafter, the reservation will be automatically canceled.
2. In case that it is deemed to cancel the reservation pursuant to the preceding paragraph, if no arrival without notice is due to nonarrival or delayed arrival of the public carrier such as train, airplane, etc. or is deemed that the guest is not responsible for such case, the penalty prescribed in the preceding paragraph I will not be imposed.
Article 6 - Cancellation of Reservation by Hotel
1. Except as otherwise provided for the hotel may cancel reservation for accommodation in the following circumstances:
1) When it comes under paragraphs 3 to 8 of Article 2.
2) When clarification of the particulars in Article 3 has been requested and not completed within the designated period.
3) When payment of the reservation deposit as stipulated in paragraph 1 of Article 4 has been requested but not received within the designated period.
2. When the hotel has cancelled the reservation for accommodation, in accordance with the foregoing paragraph, it shall refund any deposit received for the reservation.
Article 7 - Registration
Guest are requested to register the following particulars with the hotel, at the front desk, on the day of their arrival:
1) Particulars stated in paragraph 1 of Article 3.
2) In the case of a foreigner, his passport number, port of entry and date of entry in Korea.
3) In the case of a Korean, his resident registration number.
4) Present address, working post, date of birth and age.
5) Day and hour of departure
6) Other particulars deemed necessary by the hotel
Article 8 - CheckOut
1. The hour for vacating the room by the guest (Check-out time) shall be 11:00 AM.
2. The above stipulation notwithstanding, the hotel may accede to the use of the room beyond the check-out time. In such a case, there will be an additional charge as listed hereunder.
3. Until 2 P.M. 50% of the room charge.
4. After 2 P.M. 100% of the room charge.
Article 9 - Business Hours, Etc.
The business hours of the Hotel will be referred in the attached sheet.
Article 10 - Payment of Bills
1. Payment of the bills should be made in Korean currency, traveler's checks or coupons recognized by the hotel. However, the hotel cannot accept personal checks.
2. Guests will be changed for the room from the commencement of occupancy, even when they voluntarily choose not to use the room.
Article 11 - Observance of Rules
Guests are requested to observe the rules established by the hotel and posted within the hotel.
Article 12 - Rejection of Continued Occupancy
The hotel may reject the continued occupancy of the room, even during the period previously accepted, in the following circumstances:
1. When it comes under paragraphs 3 to 8 of Article 2.
2. When the guest does not observe the hotel regulations.
Article 13 - Responsibilities on Accommodation
1. The responsibility of the hotel concerning accommodation starts from the time the guest is registered at the front desk or when he enters his room, whichever is the earlier, and terminates at the time he leaves his room to depart.
2. The hotel cannot accept responsibility for any accident arising out of the guest's failure to observe the rules of the hotel.
3. In the event the guest can no longer be accommodated due to reasons for which the hotel is responsible, excluding natural calamities and other causes making its observance difficult, the hotel will arrange to secure accommodations of the same or similar standard of facilities elsewhere. In such a case, there will be no charge to the guest for the accommodation at the hotel for that day.
Article 14 - Takeover and Return of Room Key
1. The guest shall take over the room key from the front desk at the time of check in, and shall return it to the front cashier with payment of the charges at the time of checkout
2. In case of losing the room key during staying at the hotel, the guest shall report thereof to the front desk immediately.
3. If the guest checked out holding the room key, it shall be returned to the Hotel promptly by mail or other method.